Be Original

Monday, February 15, 2010

Why I Bought An SLR, A Story With Ridley Scott


This is a picture of Ridley Scott taken during Blade Runner Day at the BFI. 
The pic was taken on my point-and-shoot using its pathetic flash (well, okay we weren't supposed to take pictures but then everyone else was doing it, so my friend Marty and I figured, what the hell). In spite of being real close to him, I still got the worst possible pic ever. 



There he is with Stephen Frears. 
But you wouldn't know it just by looking.

I was also this close to getting his (Ridley's, not Steve's) autograph but got blocked by punters and just as he was about to reach me, the bloody idiots at the BFI said, "That's it!"
I hate the BFI with a vengeance.

It was not a good day, not especially since Ben Kingsley was also within arm's reach.

The only person with any luck was Marty who got Rutger Hauer's autograph.
Boy, has RH aged some (no pic...it was a most surreal day). 
Needless to say, it was a sign to get an SLR, once and for all.

No comments:

copyright

============================================================

Followers