Be Original

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Show And Tell 6: Shanghai By Night














1) The Park Hyatt where I stayed (79th floor). This picture was taken without a flash! My pancake lens is freaking rock star.
2) Was stuck in a massive jam from one bleeding end of the Bund (where the Park Hyatt is) to the other (where everything else is). I mean truly, madly, deeply stuck. An hour and half later stuck. Thank God for the Pen otherwise I really would be doing diddly squat listening to sad Mandarin ballads on the radio and watching the cab driver mentally unravel. This was taken just as the cab was making an excruciatingly slow turn.
3) The jam was so bad, the lorries would get right up to the cars in some futile attempt to get them to move. This whole family was literally in our faces.
4) Lord only knows what time the locals get home... if they ever manage to get home. I think by the time they reach their place of residence, it'll only be another four hours before they have to do it all over again. I bumped into housekeeping at one point during my stay and she looked exhausted -- no two guesses why.





No comments:

copyright

============================================================

Followers